7 months ago
AutoReq ID 138088BR
Job Title Business intelligence Architect
Country United Kingdom
Function Solutions & Digital
Service Line IT Strategy & Architecture
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description Background:
KPMG intends to develop a broad base of asset-based solutions, data analytics and otherwise, to underpin their strategic performance goals. KPMG Solutions and Digital are responsible for technology asset development and related client services. KPMG utilise a mix of in-house development resources and external specialist software supply. Solution Architects work at the intersection of our engineering capabilities and client demand for solutions from across the KPMG practice.
Solution Architects are responsible for shaping demand and architecting, scoping, estimating and resourcing solutions. Solution Architects also support and govern the delivery of solutions by working with in-house development groups, externally contracted suppliers, and the Solutions and Digital commercial management function.
We work in a very flat organisational structure, so you’ll need to be a strong negotiator, influencer and team player, used to managing multiple stakeholders in demanding time-critical situations. Our various engineering capabilities are based in the UK in Manchester, Leeds and London, and also offshore. There may be travel to client sites, suppliers and other KPMG offices where required.
Our aim is simple:
To be regarded by the market as the best at what we do. Trusted by our clients and the envy of our competitors. Our strategy to achieve this is centred on our people: to attract and retain the best by creating an environment where people can learn, be fulfilled, progress in their career and have fun.
We are recruiting for Solution Architects at Senior Manager and Manager Level based on career experience and fit to our business plans.
The role is to shape and architect Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and data-related solutions and engagements, as well as leading and governing their delivery.
The role holder will also help generate new work for the firm through actively providing technology and implementation expertise in support of sales and proposal activity with our customers.
Specific elements of the role:
- To generate and govern a library of re-usable IP and assets, and to define and deliver solutions and manged-service offerings based on those assets
- To be a subject matter expert on initiative scoping, sourcing and estimation techniques, and to advise clients how to maximise benefits whilst reducing risk in consuming KPMG asset-based services
- To build deep and lasting relationships with other staff and key stakeholders to enhance the reputation of KPMG as an advisor of choice
- To take a significant role in developing the capability of the Solutions Architect team, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
- Consistently meeting milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- Managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- Supporting the Solutions and Digital sales lifecycle management function on solution triage and the early development of ideas.
- Proven experience of successfully steering and leading technology implementation projects related to Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Management Information in top-tier clients, across multiple sectors
- Able to develop and communicate (both internally and externally) data-focussed propositions to help our clients tackle business issues across industry sectors
- Client-relationship management
- Experience of managing large teams with different skillsets
- Ability to supervise and develop others
- Experience in business- and data-analysis and the ability to understand core business and financial processes within target market sectors
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical language
- Has the ability to articulate the technology impact of regulatory or business change to clients
- Analytically minded with the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge quickly to deliver insights and solve problems.
Technical Skills Required:
Experience in some of the following or similar:
- Data Integration e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Informatica, Ab Initio, SAP
- Data Repositories e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, DB2
- Reporting and Data Visualisation e.g. Microsoft, Qlik, Tableau, Oracle
- Master Data Management e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Informatica, IBM
- Data Quality and Cleansing e.g. SAS, IBM, Informatica
- Open Source Platforms e.g. Drupal, Moodle
- Accelerator tools e.g. WhereScape, BIML, AnalytiX.
- Industry- and vendor-specific certifications, where relevant to the role, are beneficial but not essential
- The role can be based in Manchester or London
- Candidates from any industry vertical or mix of verticals are encouraged to apply.
We know that our success depends in no small way on your expertise, talent and skill. We have built a reputation for working with people to invest heavily in their training and career development. If you can take charge of your career, meet the targets and broaden your expertise, we will provide all the support and opportunities to realise your full potential. The successful candidate will join a group of like-minded and dynamic people that regularly work in challenging situations that present opportunities for personal development and career advancement.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Business Intelligence, Consulting, Developer, ERP, Law, Technology, Legal