19 days ago
As a leading infrastructure, highways and public services provider, we’re looking for talent to join our growing team since securing the £180m, Area 12 Yorkshire and Humberside Maintenance and Response (M&R) contract by Highways England. By taking a role with us, you’ll be joining a team responsible for ensuring all routine and cyclic maintenance on the trunk roads and motorway network know as Area 12 which spans 1,650km of motorway, 476km of trunk road (dual), 179km of trunk road (single carriageway) and 1,963 structures.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Business Improvement Manager role will support the Area 12 contract team, reporting into the Principal Business Improvement Manager and working with the Amey Centre of Excellence to achieve Lean projects, systems and processes. The role will assist in continuous improvement on the contract performance, systems and apps maintenance and innovation in line with the client Transformation Route Map and overall Amey business strategy. The role will also support with analysis and quality auditing aligned to a Contract Performance Framework, Quality Promises and Commitments in order to achieve and sustain compliance and service excellence.
What will this role involve?
· Maintaining and improving systems and processes – includes process mapping in Nimbus and Visio, Lean opportunity identification and optimisation of end to end business processes, guides and procedures and efficiency realisation from data analysis. Day to day maintenance and management of PowerApps and Do Forms and other digital platforms used by operational staff.
· Enabling Change – championing a continuous improvement, process and systems excellence culture through delivery of change projects and innovation that demonstrate tangible benefits realisation for the contract and business
· Quality Management - working with multiple stakeholders and staff levels on achieving and sustaining a Quality Framework across varied workstreams and systems, auditing processes and root cause analysis of non-conformance.
· Data Analytics – contributing to robust contract reporting, dashboards and identifying process automation opportunities and efficiency. Reducing single points of failure, human error scope and building resilience in our ways of working.
· Transformation – supporting management and the contract in achieving the Transformation Route Map goals to Vision 2030, injecting new technology, innovation and zero harm initiatives for Highways contracts.
Size and Scope
Typically manages or assists on a group of small projects or on 4 large projects in contract year with opportunities to join up ways of working and programmes with other Amey Group contracts.
· Suppliers and consultants
· Professional bodies (where applicable)
· SMT Managers/Account Directors
· Operational Staff
· Other Business Improvement staff
Reporting to: Principal Business Improvement Manager
Number of direct reports: 0-3
What are we looking for?
· Lean Qualification (desirable)
· Change Management Qualification (desirable but not essential)
· Process Mapping and Improvement
· Data Analytics
· Stakeholder Management
· Project Management
· Process/business/continuous improvement management background in a private or public sector environment, ideally in Highways or Civil Engineering but other sectors considered for diversity or a fresh approach.
· Competent in management of digital platforms used to support operations.
· Competent in leading Process Mapping and Improvement workshops
· Experienced in leading large programmes or multiple smaller projects delivering tangible benefits
· Demonstratable experience working with and influencing multi-disciplined and bandings of stakeholders
· Experiences working with Office 365 and MS suite apps and systems
· Visio and Nimbus process mapping trained
· Systems and data analytics (Power BI and SQL desirable)
· Project Management (agile, Prince2 or similar desirable)
· Lean Principles Trained (highly desirable but not essential as can be coached)
· Passionate about change, quality and loves a challenge
· Confident and collaboratives with attention to detail
· Open minded to the Art of The Possible concept and principles of Lean
· A Team Player who relishes working with others and building relationships to achieve goals
· Strategic and bigger picture thinker
· Not afraid to get involved and support in areas of need
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.