8 months ago
Job ID : 84780BR
Location : United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Located in the UK and reporting to the Country Commercial Manager, the job holder will be responsible for Product Management and Business Development activities associated with the range of Clinical Biomarkers. This encompasses the range of proprietary Endocrinology & Oncology Biomarkers, Prenatal Screening assays and analysers including the Kryptor Gold.
The focus will be primarily on:-
* Growing sales of Thermo Fisher’s proprietary Diagnostic and Screening Biomarkers as well as the market leading PNS assays and the unique Kryptor Analysers using the Nobel prize-winning TRACE Technology.
* Managing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the field of Prenatal Screening.
* Assisting in getting Market Access of the Thermo Fisher Biomarkers when dealing with relevant National Professional bodies e.g. PHE, FASP, BIVDA, NICE, and FMF
Division Specific Information
The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) is an organization made up of business units which develop, manufacture and market instruments and consumables that serve a broad, diverse mix of diagnostic segments. The major business units include Niche Diagnostics, Biomarkers, Clinical Diagnostic Systems (includes clinical mass spectrometry), and Clinical Diagnostic Reagents. The division manages a diverse portfolio of products servicing multiple end markets. CDD maintains recognized technology and manufacturing leadership in the markets in which it serves.
What will you do?
* Product Life Cycle management – market access, introduction, guidelines and implementation
* Product positioning and outbound messaging
* Promoting the Diagnostic Biomarkers and PNS offering externally with Government, NHS bodies, Regulatory bodies (NICE), Industry Associations, Clinical/Medical community, Laboratories and other critical stakeholders
* Taking a leading role in managing relationships and developing Key Opinion Leaders
* Monitoring competitor activity
* Developing strong reference customers and comprehensive data sets in specific clinical indications in the field of Prenatal Screening.
* The key performance targets will be sales and profitability according to the AOP established for business, with an emphasis on selling the Endocrinology and Oncology Biomarkers, Prenatal Screening Assays and associated Analysers.
* Business growth beyond the annual plan is highly desirable, and is considered to be the hallmark of high performance within the sales organisation.
* Create and implement a territory plan for driving new sales opportunities.
* Identify and secure new instrument placement opportunities and associated reagent sales in line with customer sales policy.
* Develop and maintain positive customer relationships which are robust, enduring and mutually beneficial.
* Be acknowledged as an authority on in-vitro diagnostics and have current knowledge of commonly used methods in the laboratory
* Provide observed input on the company’s marketing and new product development initiatives.
* Monitor and maintain the company’s customer pricing policy for the territory.
* Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all sales development initiatives.
* Work in close partnership with the country Sales, Service and Customer Service Teams to ensure a seamless customer experience.
* Collaborate with European Marketing Teams to share best practice and customer knowledge.
* Communicate effectively within the company to maximise sales opportunities – in particular with the Hennigsdorf Business Units, and with relevant local Country Organisations.
* Collaborate and take the lead in cross divisional business activities to develop linked value propositions and strong synergies for the customer where appropriate
* Fully support established reporting mechanisms, participate at international sales meetings, training initiatives, etc as appropriate.
* Inspire and motivate all colleagues to exceed customer expectations and generate new business enquiries.
* Provide required reports on all sales activities, achievements, key issues, etc with projections and strategies for the following month.
* Develop and manage an effective sales pipeline tracking process, and use this to underpin effective and accurate forecasts
* Provide timely reports on customer contact and lead generation through use the of CRM (SalesForce)
* Undertake ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time by the Country Commercial Manager as appropriate.
* Ensure compliance at all times with the company’s policies and procedures, especially in relation to health and safety, the environmental, and ethics.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
* Self sufficient
* Communicate with all levels
* Business acumen
* Written and oral skills
* Willingness to corporate with colleagues
What’s in it for you:
* Competitive package
* Excellent benefits - Private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, life assurance + flexible additional benefits.
* 25 days annual holiday plus UK bank holidays
* Training, career progression and opportunities within a world leader in serving science.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !