12 days ago
Location:Singapore : 2 Science Park Drive (LR_L000420)
Position Category:Business Development
Position Type:Employee Regular
Maritime Performance Services is a new service line within LR, created to help achieve our ambition to become a trusted advisor that improves the safety, sustainability and efficiency of our customer’s assets and businesses. We will do that by helping a wider set of stakeholders across the maritime value chain maximise revenue earning potential from their assets, manage complex risks and optimise across their entire operations.
We are looking for our new Regional Manager, Shipping Markets to join our Sales team within Maritime Performance Services. This is a new role that will establish LR as the trusted advisor and technical partner for commercial shipping stakeholders, including charterers, financers, and more within Singapore and the SAMEA region in support of our ambitious growth plans. This is an opportunity for you to build a new business from the ground up; and to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, new and existing clients to drive the decarbonisation, and digitalisation of the shipping sector.
* Develop a clear vision for Lloyd’s Register’s commercial shipping engagement in the Singapore and SAMEA Area – the Why, Who, What & When.
* Execute this vision, developing mutually beneficial relationship with target stakeholders including (but not limited to) charterers, financers, traders, brokers, insurers, etc…
* Leverage LR’s technical and regulatory expertise to help clients optimise the performance of their shipping portoflio; quantify and manage risk; and to understand the impact of technology; regulatory developments; decarbonisation and digitalisation on their business.
* Identify suitable opportunities for collaborative projects (JDPs, R&D, etc...) with charterers, bringing in owners, shipyards, technology providers etc... where relevant.
* Be the voice of the customer internally within LR for the commercial shipping sector in SAMEA: provide feedback to LR M&O and MPS on evolving trends; new opportunities and risks; identify opportunities to develop new LR products and services.
* Be a thought leader and respected voice on decarbonisation/technology/regulations within the Singapore commercial shipping community
* Work together seamlessly with LR Singapore M&O & MPS commercial and technical teams; and with subject matter specialists globally.
* Be guided and supported by the Global Lead, Shipping Markets
You will need
* To be a self-starter; a seller-doer. To take the initiative and responsibility of building a new line of business and new relationships.
* A track record in identifying, developing, and delivering customised solutions to solve client challenges.
* Demonstrable team working skills to collaborate both externally, and internally with subject matter experts
* Consultative selling and Key Account Management skills, are a necessity to be successful in this role, with proven experience in sales and marketing and managing relationships with key clients; outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities at all levels
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of ship design, construction and/or operations. Specific experience in ship performance optimisation is an advantage.
* Experience and in-depth understanding of the maritime regulatory environment.
* Experience of commercial ship operations and chartering is an advantage.
* Able to influence multiple stakeholders, at all levels, both internally and externally and function within a matrixed organisation.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd's Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)