21 days ago
Base Location: Cambridgeshire (Field Based)
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
In order to support our growth aspirations, we currently have an opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to work within our East Regional Team in pursuit of Mechanical and Electrical Contracting opportunities.
Working from our Cambridge depot covering the East Anglia region, you'll develop new key accounts and deliver consistent contract conversion. You'll report to the Regional Business Development Manager (East) and work in collaboration with operational colleagues to deliver a local sales strategy and proactively develop a sustainable opportunity pipeline across a wide range of sectors which includes; health, education, commercial and wider construction.
You'll have the ability to identify early market intelligence of new opportunities and to develop with the professional teams and SSE a credible win plan that will provide a competitive advantage before opportunities are in the general market domain.
Framework will be a key revenue stream and SSE are looking for a Business Development Manager who is aware of these frameworks both in the public and private sector.
The Business Development Manager role is flexible in its working, from office, head office or home, however due to the nature of the travel, we require all our team to be in possession of a full UK driving licence.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you'll have:
- Experience within the M&E Contracting, Lighting, Hard FM, E&I, MEP service providers, --Renewable Technology, Building Services markets.
- Awareness of our core group deliverables such as HV, LV, mechanical & electrical building services.
- Excellent customer facing skills and confidence to develop new relationships, whilst maintaining existing customer base.
- The ability to demonstrate a track record of growing revenue and profit through diversified services for key account customers that include investment appraisal experience.
- Proficiency in managing all levels of stakeholders to enable achievement of objectives.
- An ability to lead, articulate and communicate a vision and strategy for the Contracting business as well as an ability to work well across multi-functional and sometimes remote teams.
- Good written and communication skills to support the work winning teams as well as bid writing and tendering expertise.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch with -******* We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.