9 months ago
Business Development Manager
Job number: UK11498
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Business Development
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Maxim Park, Motherwell.
To manage Business Development for BBK’s Engineering Construction Business.
Engineering Construction is BBK’s industrial sector M, E & I business with operations across the UK in the nuclear, infrastructure, power, process and defence sectors.
To develop new customer relationships and a strategic pipeline of opportunities aligned to UKCS and Engineering Construction business strategies, whilst managing existing customers to deepen relationships and to explore new opportunities.
What you'll be doing
As, Business Development Manager, you will:
* Develop a pipeline of high quality opportunities to selectively pursue;
* Support the development of the business’s sector development strategy;
* Develop positive interface between internal delivery teams – ensuring key communication and partnership at all times;
* Lead business development high value selling derived pursuit strategy, seeking engagement from key personnel within the business to help build multi-level customer relationships;
* Develop knowledge of customer business strategy to support work winning and delivery as needed.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* The ability to communicate and influence effectively to develop and maintain customer relationships;
* A good business and strategic acumen (essential) to develop negotiated, framework and tender opportunities; with an ability to communicate and influence effectively to develop and maintain customer relationships;
* Thorough knowledge of business development and creating negotiated framework and bid opportunities;
* An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.