25 days ago
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The role is for a Business Development & Bidding Coordinator within the Secure Infrastructure Business Unit of Amey Plc, to provide pivotal support to the Bidding Programme Manager and to both the Business Development and Bidding teams. The base location for the role will be the Oxfordshire office and home working, but there would be a requirement to travel to other Amey locations as necessary.
Key responsibilities for the role will be to manage the pipeline of opportunities, associated financial administration, business reporting, coordination of customer communications, the administration of portal accounts, and general support for the BD and Bidding functions.
Role & Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
* Coordination and administration of business reports, this includes opportunity pipeline, governance and monthly reports for the Board. As well as producing ad hoc information and data analysis for both internal and external customers.
* Support administration of the bidding approvals and governance process.
* Develop and maintain business development / bidding information and knowledge management systems, including SharePoint sites, archives and the MS Dynamics CRM opportunity pipeline.
* Manage and administer communications through shared mailboxes and portals, acting as the focal point for customer and internal queries.
* Coordinate Framework or other opportunity enquiries, including logging enquiries and initial assessments and coordinating responses.
* Plan and coordinate Resource planning activity, including liaison with other support functions, production of planning reports and administration of processes.
* Financial administration including purchase orders and invoicing, using SAP system and supporting month end activity
* Support business development and market engagement activities as required, such as coordinating responses to questionnaires, research and collation of information and coordination of market engagement events
* Support the team with minute taking when needed, diary management, event and meeting management, logistics and travel arrangements as appropriate
* Undertake business process and improvement projects as required and to develop them to become business as usual.
* Administer on-boarding and induction of new team members, including interims
The person we are looking for
This role would suit a proactive, self-motivated co-ordinator/administrator or recent graduate, with an interest in developing a career in business development / bidding. You should have previous experience of providing business admin support, utilising Microsoft Office applications including Team and Sharepoint; knowledge of MS Projects is beneficial but not essential.
This role requires strong communication skills to be able to interact with a variety of stakeholders at all levels. And excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload, whilst meeting business deadlines.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to working, be able to remain calm under pressure, be open to the potential of working unsociable hours when necessary (due to the bidding environment) and have a positive and committed outlook.