about 1 month ago
We are looking to appoint an experienced Business Architect to join our organisation on a permanent basis. We are looking for an individual with the drive and ambition to impact change within our business and work with senior stakeholders to implement solutions that will make positive change.
What will this role involve?
* Provide strategic consultation to assigned line-of-business (LOB) customers in defining or analyzing business information processes as well as in researching, identifying the information repositories that have a Information security risk factor
* Facilitate agreement on organizational operating models and information repositories to meet business requirements.
* Able to explain, discuss, educate and guide the business with regard to information architecture and the associated relationships with information security
* Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
* Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
* Collaborate with the enterprise program management office on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
* Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes; research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned LOB customers.
* Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
* Collaborate with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform LOB customer management of progress; conversely, keep IT's technology and service managers aware of key LOB customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
* Facilitate development of cross-LOB (enterprise) solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment, and enable staff to fulfill the LOB customer operating objectives
What are we looking for?
* Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience
* Shows commitment to and upholds Amey values
* Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
* Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
* Demonstrates well-developed communication skills and problem solving techniques
* Demonstrates well-developed communication relationship management and influencing skills
* Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
* In-depth experience information flows and how these relate and map to business processes.
* Knowledgeable in all aspects of designing and constructing business processes, functions and organizational structures.
* Able to analyse information architecture and the impacts with information security within an architecture review board
* Ability to document the information architecture and map this to an EA repository
* Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects.
* Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms, often spanning multiple environments in a business area.
* Conceptual knowledge of new computing architectures and the implementation of networked computing structures emphasizing distributed computing; experience with e-commerce, Web architecture, and Internet/intranet development and implementation a plus.
* Strategic planning, leadership and relationship management.
* Program management efforts involving the coordination of resources and goals across multiple related projects.
* Developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
* Understanding of business process management, workflow and integration methods and tools.
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.