2 months ago
Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
AI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Software Development, Testing
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, UK
Start Date: September 2020
We at Cisco are looking for a Graduate Business Analyst for our Digital Workplace team, to improve the user experience of our internal ‘store’ for IT services for tens of thousands of employees and contractors here.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join together with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Overall, our job is to make other people’s lives easier – by simplifying our internal IT service ordering process so that people spend less time ordering – and more time doing.
As part of this, we will ask you to do things such as
* Talk to our users to find ways to make applications easier and more intuitive for them
* Understand people’s roles and working styles so we can recommend tools to make their job easier
* Design integrations to cut out needless manual work and form-filling
* Analyze data to see where processes can be made easier, faster and more reliable
You this role might be right for you if you are -
* Studying a degree that provides dedicated modules for maths, information technology or scientific study.
* Curious about how things work and how they can be improved.
* A good listener who can get to the heart of what people really need, not just what they tell us is the solution.
* Able to use data to understand how a process is working or where it is going wrong.
* Comfortable explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences and vice versa – if you can explain complex parts of your degree to a friend on a completely different course, that’s what we need.
* Passionate about and committed to lifelong learning – willing to invest time in training and developing your skills.
What we offer
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance, and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks as part of our People Deal and benefits package. (May vary location)
* by 15th November to attend our Assessment centre in December.
* Our selection process is as follows: Application - Recruiter Telephone Assessment - Hiring Team Telephone Interview – Cisco IT day incorporating an Assessment Centre.
* You must be able to live and work in the UK. EU visa sponsorship is available, unfortunately, we do not sponsor International visas.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
* Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
* Patryk Sobczak & Leo Cassius: Journey of an Intern and Graduate
* Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco