about 1 month ago
Information Risk Management Ltd (IRM), founded in 1998, is an international award winning information security consultancy and software house and is transitioning from purist consultancy into an overall solutions company. We have 18+ years of top flight consultancy at the highest accredited level attainable which has given IRM Ltd the credence and credibility to develop our Cyber Security Management Platform – Synergy. This means that IRM is considered to be within the top 5 consultancies with a very capable reporting and analysis platform. We can also be viewed as a pure software house which has over the past 18 years defined the shape and focus of the Cyber Security industry. Details of our Synergy software can be viewed at -******
We are accredited via the intelligence services (CESG) and with an impressive portfolio of high profile clients within Central Government, MOD, FTSE 250, the commercial sector and overseas engagements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious IT Business Analyst to join a dynamic and highly motivated team. The Business Analyst will work as part of the Software Development team to support the ongoing implementation of the SYNERGi Cyber Security Management software platform. The role is required to assist with the shaping and documentation of business requirements and help provide the bridge between product and customer specific requirements and the software development team who operate in an Agile/Scrum delivery methodology.
As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in the full development lifecycle of the SYNERGi software platform.
The role will include but not be limited to:
* Gathering business requirements using various means (for example, interviews, requirements workshops, document analysis, surveys, site visits, scenario analysis and workflow analysis).
* Writing of business requirements in the form of user stories with clear and testable acceptance criteria.
* Engaging with implementation managers, training, internal and external customers to analyse needs and functional requirements, documenting and producing the required information.
* Being part of the Agile development teams, participating in the sprint planning, daily stand ups, requirement grooming and sprint demos.
* Participating in the prioritisation of functional and non-functional Business Requirements.
* Undertake business analyst tasks as part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including the development business requirement documents, functional specifications, user scenarios, requirements engineering and test plans.
* Critically evaluating gathered information and requirements and identifying user requests from the underlying true needs of customers.
* To support the communication and delivery of requirements with key stakeholders.
* Provide the required support for the development team to help bring in clarity and context to delivery functionalities.
To be considered for the above position, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
* Strong and demonstrable experience of working as a Business Analyst.
* Strong software environment work history.
* Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model and environment.
* Knowledge, and experience of using Agile in the development of business requirements (e.g. writing user stories, acceptance criteria, managing the product backlog, elaboration of Epics, etc.).
* Able to deep dive into new requirements and understand how they could fit into Synergi.
* Experience breaking down big epics into actionable independent user stories.
* Excellent time management and project management skills to ensure requirements are documented and reviewed as per project timelines.
* Strong knowledge of interpreting customer requirements and translating them into functional and application requirements.
* Excellent oral, written, presentation, communications, and organisational skills.
* Relevant degree and/or equivalent qualification.
* Strong product awareness of the Cyber Security industry, especially around GRC, Risk Management, Vendor Management and Incident Response.
* Knowledge of best practices and leading practices in the industry and identifying opportunities to improve development business processes.
* An ideal background previously in development/programming before moving into a Business Analyst role.
The following qualification would be highly beneficial but not essential:
* Bachelors Degree