4 months ago
The LIMS business Analyst is responsible for delivering high quality, on time and on budget LIMS solutions that address customer business
and workflow requirements. This includes conducting product GAP analysis, managing and participating in configuration activities.
• Assists with the project initiation process including the kick off meeting and detail requirements gathering.
• Develops the GAP analysis and assists with the development of the statement of work and planning.
• Works with product team and configuration engineers to develop project configuration strategies to me et the customer business and
• Maintains close communications with the STARLIMS product teams to explore alternatives to maximize use of out of the box functionality.
• Reports product defects and provides input for new product requirements.
• Provides customer training.
• Reports to Project Manager
• Executes customer site survey to gather detailed business requirements and determine gaps against the out of the box product.
• Leads customer resources in extract requirements to necessary level of details.
• Communicates with project manager regarding requirement changes, resource planning, project status, upcoming tasks, and scheduling
• Maintain s a deep understanding of the product capabilities and articulates proper use of the functionality to the customers to encourage use
of out of the box functionality in order to minimize project customizations.
• Designs customer specific requirements.
• Discusses complex technical issues/ques tions with customers to make binding decisions.
• Understands customer workflows and requirements and relates to product capacity.
• Assists customers to configure and implement the STARLIMS products to meet the business and workflow requirements.
• Verifies and tests functionality and workflows before delivery to ensure the quality.
• Manages daily project team activities to balance priorities and meet project planning timelines.
• Responsible for compliance with local, corporate, and divisional policies and procedures.
• Travel - 35%
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Clinical lab science, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent
• Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems and laboratory operations is strongly preferred
• Programming: Understanding of SQL and programming concepts
• Knowledge/Experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in an IT organization or laboratory organization
• Experience working in projects and product analysis
• Demonstrated software implementation experience
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
United Kingdom > Sale : Crossgate House
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: