9 months ago
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP have an opportunity for an experienced Building Technology Systems Engineer in our London office. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious projects in the world. WSP are currently involved in numerous projects which will reshape the landscape and skyline of London. Although a multi-disciplinary consultancy the WSP MEP team are a tight knit group, working closely to deliver some of the largest and most complex buildings in the UK and Europe.
A typical week would include:
* Building Technology Systems (BTS) – discipline encompassing IT and Communications Network Infrastructure and ELV systems
* Ability to work independently using their own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of their discipline or have specific specialist experience applicable to the role.
* Ability to work under the clear direction of others and interpret the needs of a project where applicable to the discipline.
* Work within a BTS discipline team within the Building Services discipline (regular liaison with MEP team) providing design and technical advice on projects lead by seniors or take a discipline lead role on smaller projects.
* Complete detailed designs.
* Carry out feasibility studies for review by colleagues prior to issue.
* Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and contribute to the overall feasibility study for the project.
* Produce detailed and performance specification for the BTS subject to review by colleagues prior to issue.
* Produce detailed equipment schedules for issue with the discipline specific designs.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
CIBSE / IET / Engineering Council accredited honours degree or specific experience that will lead to Chartership.
* IES or TAS training applied to the discipline.
* RevitMEP training applied to the discipline.
* Cisco / Industry accredited certification such CCDA / CCNA / CCDP / CCEnt / BICSI
IT & Communication Skills:
* IT Network Design
* Structured Cabling Design
* Wireless Design
* Server Room Design
* Date Centre Design
* Telephony Design
* Telecommunications Infrastructure Design
* ELV systems
* Fire alarms
* Intruder detection
* Access control & security systems
* Disabled call systems
* Data cabling and outlets
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.