5 months ago
Job Title : Building Surveyor (Property Consultancy)
Location : Reading
Category : Property Consultantancy
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1546
JOB TITLE: BUILDING SURVEYOR (PROPERTY CONSULTANCY)
At Ridge, our culture is open and friendly, aligned very much to a ‘people business’ rather than a big global organisation. You will certainly NOT be a small cog in a big machine here! We are proud Ridge people who successfully strive to make a difference. We have consistently grown our business over the last ten years to over 600 people and the pipeline shows that growth being maintained.
Due to our continuing success and growth, Ridge and Partners are now looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor (or equivalent) to join this successful and talented Property Consultancy team.
A career in the Property Consultancy team at Ridge will offer you a high level of intellectual challenges and the opportunity to grow and progress in a growing and extremely exciting sector.
For each of the core areas of work you will be undertaking roles providing the following services:
• Managing large scale stock condition surveys
• Assessing asset performance (including NPV)
• Preparing asset related inputs for business plans
• Developing and prioritising works programmes
• Undertaking asset management database appraisals
• Advising on best practice data management
• Developing or updating asset management strategies
• Undertaking stock viability assessments
• Producing procurement options and strategies
• Carrying out organisational health-checks
• Undertaking options appraisal and feasibility studies
• Preparing policy and procedure documentation
• Undertaking health & safety and compliance reviews
• Assisting clients with asset management strategy implementation
Development and Regeneration
• Preparing development strategies
• Undertaking development appraisals
• Identifying potential development opportunities
• Options appraisal modelling
Providing strategic advice and support in connection with:
• Stock transfers, rationalisation, disposal, mergers and acquisition
• Staffing structures and skills analysis
• Interim management
• Programme and project management
• Training, mentoring and development
• Process mapping
• Inhouse and external contractor performance reviews
• Value for money appraisal
• Audit preparation
•Appropriate qualifications such as RICS, CIOB, CiHCM would be highly desirable
•Knowledge of current asset management, compliance and statutory best practice and regulatory requirements will be essential in advising clients and must be up to date
You will be of an analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations.
It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited and you will be fully supported by Ridge in gaining this expertise.
What’s in it for you?
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
•Highly competitive salary
•25 days holiday
•Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
•Excellent work / life balance
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company offering excellent career progression prospects.
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 17th August 2019