12 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Delivery of FM maintenance services, primarily in relation to electrical equipment / plant & disciplines, but supporting other planned, responsive and demand requirements, as required.
• Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings
• Deliver specialist technical maintenance support & services in relation to electrical equipment & plant; including building wiring systems
• Maintain knowledge / awareness of electrical legislative, standards & technical requirements & developments; providing expertise / guidance across the footprint
• Prioritisation of work programme to satisfy business needs
• Form part of the on call rota within the Maintenance Team
• Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
• Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
• Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
• Identify & ensure all key assets are available and appropriately maintained; making recommendations on improvements & additional requirements to FM / Business leads, as appropriate.
Requirement to attain Authorised Persons appointment for LV Electrical, LV Hazardous Areas (training given)
• Drive and enthusiasm; ‘can do’ approach
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Ability to organise / prioritise work
• Ability to thrive as part of a team, and work independently where appropriate
Electrical Qualifications: Electrical Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 Electrical Maintenance.
City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3 (or equivalent)
City & Guilds 2391 or 2395 Inspection & Test
City & Guilds 17th Edition
Detailed understanding of latest edition of IEE Wiring Regs
Competent Microsoft Office Suite User
Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Full clean driving licence