10 months ago
Building Liaison Team Manager – Blackburn, Lancashire
We are looking for a bright, ambitious and talented Manager to lead our Building Liaison Team based in Blackburn. Our Building Liaison Team currently provides key support to schools through Service Level Agreements, strategic development and statutory compliance advice and funding application support to academies.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Building Liaison Officers and Strategic Management Consultants to deliver a professional response and quality service to our clients. A key aspect of the role will be the ability to analyse estate data, have experience of implementing property development strategies, providing funding advice and experience of facilities management.
We are seeking to employ a fulltime Building Liaison Team Manager within our Building Services Department. The role will involve working alongside our Building Surveying Teams based in Blackburn and Salford, to create and implement property strategies for a range of clients in a proactive manner. Travel between Blackburn and Salford shall be a requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will need to have a technical background within Building Surveying or Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. You will also need to demonstrate a proven track record of managing and leading a team, including client satisfaction and quality control. We are looking for someone who is passionate about growing our education property offer, and can identify new areas of work, fosters our team spirit, and wants to join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to improving learning environments.
Key responsibilities include:
* Management of the Building Liaison Team that manage the educational Service Level Agreements
* Implementing / managing repairs and maintenance for the educational clients
* Identifying opportunities and provide accurate reports based on client/internal needs
* Identifying opportunities for condition improvement funding projects and submission of applications
* Drive innovation in processes
* Delivering planned work schemes including writing specifications, compiling tender documentation, providing budget costs and efficient delivery of full projects with an aim of delivery first time, on time and within budget.
* Ensuring call records, customer needs and SLA performance records are available on customer management systems
* Responsibility for a small cluster of schools within the SLA
* Working with clients to benchmark buildings through investigation of efficiency and compliance
* Manage project scheduling and client budgets
* Undertaking of site surveys to identify opportunities
* Support new business teams
* Identifying new / improvement works
* Add value to the client base through the implementation of property strategies
* Performance management of contractors
* Liaising with clients and building managers and managing client expectation
* Ensuring all work is carried out in line with our Quality Assurance system
* Pre and post inspection of works for quality and specification compliance
* Authorisation of payments
* Assisting with Statutory Compliance service contracts, planned improvement works, FRA compliance and arranging for remedial works to comply with Legionella risk assessments
* Building surveying or mechanical & electrical engineering experience
* Experience in managing or leading a team
* Educational sector experience
* Experience of managing and coordinating the delivery of SLAs
* Excellent communicator
* Experience in public and private sectors in particular education
* Self motivated
* Good team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Full driving licence
* Successful experience of preparing Condition Improvement Funding (CIF) and Salix funding applications
* Experience or knowledge of Building Management Systems
Capita - Property and Infrastructure
Capita - Property and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management and infrastructure sectors. We’re also a market leader in strategic public/private partnerships with local authorities.
We have over 4,000 staff at 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The enormous breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
Capita - Property and Infrastructure is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capita Group Plc. Capita is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (CPI.L), and is a member of the FTSE100.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday,company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
7 months ago
only 12 days until close
3 months ago
only 4 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 23 days until close
18 days ago
only 19 days until close