about 1 month ago
* Location Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire |
* Employment Permanent |
Integral Powertrain – Record Breaking, History Making.
Are you an experienced Workshop or Build Technician capable of assembling complex electro-mechanical technology?
Are you interested in building electric motors which are setting new industry benchmarks and breaking records across the world?
We are seeking a Mechanical Build Technician’s to join our growing Workshop team who play an intrinsic part in building the products we develop, turning our ideas into working prototypes ready for testing and then building the finished product.
2018 was an exceptional year at Integral Powertrain, two of our high-power density Integral e-Drive motors powered the record-breaking run at Pikes Peak in the Rocky Mountains where the times for electric vehicles and the overall speed record were smashed.
Our e-drive technology has not only set new standards in electric powertrain, our motors have been involved in smashing world records and have since been recognised with a multitude of industry awards.
Integral e-Drive offer candidates the opportunity to join a team of positive engineers who embrace the challenge of developing amazing products at the leading edge of hybrid and electric motor system technology. As an employee of Integral Powertrain, you will receive ongoing personal development, training opportunities and an excellent benefits package including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life assurance and Private medical insurance.
Our Build Technician will:
* Assemble complex electro-mechanical systems, using jigs and fixtures and feeding back any procedure, quality and assembly issues
* Carry out both mechanical and Electrical measurements on both individual components and also assemblies.
* Complete build records and taking images from instructions in both build card and procedural documentation.
* Conduct tests on sub-assemblies and in-vehicle assemblies.
* Carry out any other skills tasks such as Fabrication and welding where required.
* Suggest improvements to build and company processes as part of the continual improvement process.
* A relevant practically based mechanical or electrical qualification (at least NVQ 4 or equivalent)
* Experience in a motorsport, automotive or similar precision prototype or low volume production and development environment, ideally with some experience of building electric motors or similar
* Assembly experience ideally with some machining and/or fabrication experience
* Working inspection capability
* Working knowledge of electrical circuits, some electrical testing experience would be preferred
* Basic computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and good communication skills.