8 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43372
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Have technical ownership of our key MAM and VOD encoding, quality control and file delivery systems, providing high quality proactive maintenance and upgrades.
- As part of the Production Broadcast Support
function, the CSE (Content
System Engineering) Specialist is at the cutting edge of the convergence between
broadcast and IT cultures. You
will have technical ownership of our key MAM and VOD encoding, quality
control and file delivery systems, providing high quality proactive maintenance
- Provide first class 2nd/3rd line support to enterprise MAM Systems and integrated applications.
- Ensure that support and project tasks are carried out to an appropriate level in an appropriate time frame.
- Install, upgrade, patch and develop applications used within MAM and VOD workflows.
- Maintain coordination and communication with other Broadcast Services Engineering and Delivery teams to ensure service levels are met and that operating procedures and high technical standards are applied.
- Work closely with change owners to ensure changes are implemented without service affecting incidents and are clearly documented to supportable standards.
- Ensure that technical solutions are transitioned into the Support Department from Design and Projects groups.
- Experience with VOD streaming technologies and workflows.
- Experience with video/audio codecs and formats.
- Experience with video/audio quality metrics and analysis.
- Knowledge of Linux administration.
- Knowledge of Broadcast IT Systems and Networking.
- Desirable Experience with applications; such as Elemental, Ateme, Vantage, Cerify, Aurora, Ardome, Aspera, Signiant.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about