about 1 year ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As a key part of the Broadcast Engineering department, this role is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT technologies. It is a highly demanding, service critical role and is a primarily fixed-shift pattern. The PMC Engineer will ensure that a high quality, 24/7 proactive maintenance and reactive first-line engineering support service is provided for Sky’s Broadcast Production Systems.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
The PMC team is responsible for 24/7 first line Engineering support, incident management and technical engagement with internal Engineering groups and vendors on our Broadcast Production Systems.
- Monitoring systems and services across the Production estate ensuring we meet customers high expectations and our service availability target
- Capturing and inputting accurate, detailed data which informs our technical reporting of incidents and system performance.
- Working with internal Operational and Production teams, external vendors and service partners to ensure effective delivery of Sky’s services
- Assisting Sky Skills Studio with technical support when required
- Learning business continuity plans and working with other teams to implement business continuity when required for relevant content-effecting incidents.
- Providing a customer-focused service for the department through effective communication and pro-active engagement with our many customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of and interest in the technical elements of broadcast
production systems and associated platforms and interfaces.
- Excellent customer management skills, including - communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and produce results/solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent prioritising and organisational skills
- Experience of video file-based environment with thorough knowledge of video standards, including SDI, HD-SDI and Mpeg, with working knowledge of video server technology and transcoding.
- Broadcast IT experience in applications support.
- Video ingest & encoding technologies, networking, servers and storage technologies.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better