about 1 year ago
Bridges Senior/ Principal Engineer
We are a small but highly successful team of bridge engineering specialists. With an expanding workload, there has never been a more momentous time to join us. We are looking for an experienced engineer to assist in delivering this exciting workload and to participate in expanding the team.
Undertaking a full range of services, from sketch schemes to construction issue, including load assessments of highway structures, this role will offer great opportunity for rapid development.
About the role:
Our portfolio of high profile projects includes provision of multiple bridge structures on major highway schemes, cable stayed footbridges, load assessments on existing bridges for maintenance and heavy / large load purposes, CAT 3 checking as well as feasibility and procurement advice.
You will be required to:
* Assist the Principal Engineer with setting and reviewing objectives, targets and performance of the team
* Develop relationships with key customers, suppliers and contacts relevant to the team by providing professional advice
* Manage small projects to quality constraints and standards
* Assist the Team Leader with the management of larger projects
* Estimate, price and deliver against work targets
* Significant experience within Bridge Engineering
* Able to demonstrate recent experience, knowledge and understanding of current DMRB bridge design standards and Highways England approval and certification procedures
* Use of Eurocodes for bridge design is essential
* Knowledge of Network Rail standards would be useful, but not essential
* Able to develop a cost-effective solution to the design of bridge structures, including build ability and alternative construction methods
* Degree qualified with an appropriate professional qualification. Alternatively, you may be approaching professional qualifications, with post graduate industry experience
* Proficient in the use of bridge design software packages and able to understand the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project controls
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
• International Development
• Infrastructure & Built Environment
• Programme & Project Management
• Surveying & Asset Management
• Planning and Transport
WYG plc's shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We're committed to supporting your personal aspirations - and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.