5 months ago
BuroHappold brings together the expertise of world class engineers, economists and consultants to examine cities from a variety of angles, giving our clients a unique picture of the challenges to tackle and the opportunities their city can capitalise on.
We work on a diverse range of fascinating projects that cover urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery, and our Cities business group is at the forefront of innovation in the urban environment.
Within the group we have a team dedicated to working on some of the most interesting and exciting bridge design and construction projects in the world, including the Stratford Town Centre Link in London, a bridge over the Tiber in Rome, A highway bridge in Hafen City Hamburg and a six lane flyover in the centre Riyadh.
Working closely with architects the team develops masterplans, and both the conceptual design and detailed design of bridges, the team is recognised for its innovation and expertise in design and construction technology for light weight bridges.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Bridge Engineer to join this team in our London office to provide high level technical/design engineering service.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver to the agreed technical standards, and also act as Job Leader on projects as required. In addition to these skills you must be able to demonstrate a developing capability across all BuroHappold Core Competencies including:
* Relevant experience in innovative bridge design
* Demonstrate a commitment to CPD and self learning/development
* Hand sketching
* Ability to mentor younger engineers
* Commercial/contractual experience
* Act as Job Leader
* Liaising and working with architects to capture their ideas
* Developing concept designs
* Lead Engineers and Technicians
* Lead and conduct design workshops
* Work competently on an independent basis
* Communicate directly with Clients
* Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design
* Ensuring all relevant BH staff are informed of client matters.
* Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that BH policy is in keeping with current legislation, Eurocodes and International Codes of Practice (e.g. AASHTO).
* Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work. Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
* Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality)
* Prepare Technical Specifications
* Monitor financial performance of jobs
* Chartered Engineer, MICE or IStructE or equivalent International qualification e.g. PE, SE
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.