17 days ago
About the role
This Brand Manager role is an initial 6 month FTC and is responsible for Tesco Own Brand development across tiers in it's designated categories. The role works within cross-functional teams to lead the delivery of brand positioning and strategic plan across the 6Ps in it's area.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is extremely customer focused and a passion for brands and has a understanding of branding, brand strategy, brand architecture and the development of brand guidelines and style guides.
You will be responsible for
* Supporting the strategic planning across tiers for my categories, building platforms and pipelines for growth and aligning the senior team at relevant stages
* Supporting the development of GM brand strategy, working in conjunction with the Head of Brand and cross functional teams, based on customer insight across GM
* Delivering annual brand audits - building and executing the 0-24-month brand plan with excellence, in alignment with Tesco master brand priorities and brand principles for Own Brand within GM
* Managing the product and pack design at SKU/range level in line with relevant seasonal range changes and resets with the support of an Assistant Brand Manager
* Use insight to form a communications brief and work closely with the team to execute all plans and review against key brand plan objectives
* Building strong relationships with key stakeholders including design, product and insight to help execute the brands through the 6 P’s
* Briefing and working collaboratively with internal design teams and agency partners to build new toolkits
* Being the brand champion for Tesco own brand within categories – living and breathing the guidelines, tone of voice and values
* Constantly monitoring the market and customer metrics in industry to proactively identify issues and opportunities
You will need
* Extremely customer focused and a passion for brands
* Experience in agency briefing and internal team briefings
* Ability to build strong relationships, manage a wide range of stakeholders effectively and influence cross-functionally
* Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving capability
* Ability to manage change and challenge the status quo
* A “can do” attitude
* Energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Understanding of branding, brand strategy, brand architecture and the development of brand guidelines and style guides.
* Understanding of research methodologies and understanding how to translate insight into strategy
* Experience in writing communication briefs and executing through the line brand communication from communications to in-store
* Packaging design – experience having worked on brand re-designs and of managing the design equities of a brand, ensuring appropriate governance around its development and alignment to brand strategy
* Ability to develop a pipeline of innovation and/or product development based on a deep understanding of customer needs and taking these to ideation and product or proposition development.
* Experience of working in a fast-moving environment as well as managing and motivating agency partners.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
* On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
* Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
* Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
* Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
* Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
* Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.