3 months ago
Requisition ID :2019-67618
Work Location :GB--Redcar
Department / Discipline : Mechanical
Trade & Craft
Overview / Responsibilities
Job Title: Bolting Supervisor
Job ID: 2019-67618
Start Date: 3/16/2020
Project: Sabic LDPE
* To perform safe and effective supervision / control of trade labour in line with company procedures and policies for bolting projects.
* To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
* To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent joint integrity/piping construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
* To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
Key Aims and Objectives
* Overall management of the Bolting Operatives and site visitors at all times
Prime responsibilities and duties
* Ensure safe working environment for all operatives
* Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
* Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / job card instructions, associated procedures, approved drawings / sketches and submit into project completion system.
* Ensure access, materials, plant and consumables are available when required.
* Apply work programmes for maximum productivity of the labour force under their control applying appropriate leadership styles to address performance issues.
* Identify additional work, document, and bring to the attention of project manager for agreement with Client.
* Liaise with management, attend meetings and provide timely feedback of ongoing status or completion of the task
* Provide support to other trades/disciplines where it is safe to do so, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team
* Have a working knowledge of the NAECI and OCA Agreements and ensure implementation of current practices.
* Be responsible for certain disciplinary stages.
* Be conversant with best practice workmanship and basic Q.A. principles.
* Compile daily allocation sheets detailed to the specific project requirements.
* Understand the competencies of individuals with the team.
* Carry out Skill assessment of workforce under their control.
* Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
* Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner
* Deliver toolbox talks on immediate safety and quality issues
Skills / Qualifications
* MJI10/MJ18/MJ19 ECITB competency or equivalent assessor verified/industry approved training.
* BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical and MJI 11 if offshore work
* Amec FW mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
* 4 Year Mechanical or Pipefitting Apprenticeship or Level 3 NVQ equivalent
* City & Guilds Mechanical Fitting/Piper Work Erection or Fabrication and/or NVQ Level 3 in related trade
* Slinging and Lifting in house training
* Manual Handling
* Manufacturer’s awareness training certificates in hydraulic torque wrenches and bolt tensioners.
* Demonstrable experience post mechanical/piping apprenticeship and/or mechanical joint integrity training coupled with current experience.
* Demonstrable experience in a Bolting Technician role using hydraulic bolt tightening equipment (preferably within the last three months).
* Demonstrable Offshore experience in a Bolting Technician role.
* Demonstrable experience of using hydraulic torque wrenches/tensioners and nut splitters.
* Demonstrable experience in the use of a total joint management system allowing full tracability.
* General slinging and lifting experience with in house training.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.