about 1 month ago
Base Location: Greater London
Salary: Competitive Package including Bonus + Company Car/Car Allowance
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
Energy Solutions design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise building control systems and are part of SSE's Distributed Energy division developing solutions for smart places - cities, campuses and buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world.
You can read all about what we do here -******
You'll be self-motivated and be able to manage their own time efficiently. This means an element of home working and being on site when required. If this, plus a competitive salary, an excellent bonus package and the option of a company car or car allowance sounds appealing then read on.
What you'll be doing
Due to expansion, we're seeking a driven and technically confident individual to engineer and deliver some exciting projects. You'll be scheduling, planning, forecasting and managing all technical activities from project conception to completion. You'll utilise your self-motivation and hunger for success to deliver excellent results in your business area. If this sounds appealing, then read on.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Performing job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for systems and service installed jobs
- Providing guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility
- Performing all tasks under the supervision of the Contracts Manager/Projects Business Manager or other assigned senior engineer
- Providing full financial statistics on all projects assigned to you
- Understanding and be aware of contract conditions and requirements
- Planning, coordinating and supervising all project labour requirements
- Obtaining customer written approvals
- Ensuring files are maintained in accordance with the Quality procedures and ensure that any corrective action required is implemented
- Liaising effectively with the commissioning manager to ensure timely and effective execution of commissioning activities
- Obtaining, generate and agree programme of works
- Monitoring and record project progress and deliveries in accordance with the project programme
- Preparing content and quality of the required descriptions, drawings and schedules
- Ensuring all project hardware is correctly implemented and installed as specified or required
What do I need?
You'll be working in an ever-changing environment and as such will be adaptable and flexible in your approach. Excellent communication skills and report writing are essential to maintain strong relationships with all team member and customers.
Our Customers the life and blood of our business, as such you'll demonstrate a professional manner and be dedicated to meeting customer expectations, including demonstrating a strong set of values to match those of the Energy Solutions Operations Team - Safety, Honesty, Integrity and Customer.
You'll have extensive experience operating as either a Project Manager or Project Engineer within the BMS & Controls industries with technical understanding of Siemens and Trend systems. You'll have demonstratable and verifiable experience of commercial management in the industries outlined above and be able to work alongside management team. You'll have experience of managing and motivating people, setting objectives and inspiring others to achieve success.
You'll have a proven track record of successful project management, delivering against objectives and to budget. An ability to think laterally and creatively to develop innovative solutions to challenges and You'll be resilient and motivated to achieve and will possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your workload and multiple projects at any one time.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights:
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch with -******* or on--******. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.