about 1 month ago
BMS & Controls Engineer - Bath or London
What's the opportunity?
Reporting to the 2020 CIBSE Engineer of the Year, this role will see you working amongst our award-winning MEP teams to design and specify Building Management and Controls Systems for projects in the UK and internationally.
You will also have the opportunity to spend a significant portion of your time on R&D activities, both in supporting other MEP Engineers to develop BMS-specific design processes and in the development of tools (in some cases in conjunction with our computational development team) that will better enable us to articulate the benefits of advanced BMS to our clients.
You will likely have an intermediate level of experience, gained in a BMS controls environment, and be confident communicating technical subjects to a wide range of audiences. This role offers fantastic development opportunities and will see you becoming a leading figure in our growing controls and smart building capability.
In the long-term, this role would ideally be based from our Bath or London offices, however we are adaptive to support home working in the current circumstances.
If you'd like to learn more about how we are harnessing BMS technology to improve building performance, take a look at this article.
More about the role...
Although this role will be extremely varied, typical responsibilities can be expected to comprise...
* Working on a broad range of projects to support other disciplines and lead the integrated controls & BMS design including production of design deliverables
* Providing support & training to engineering teams in the effective and efficient operation of Integrated systems design
* Supporting the review, update and curation of UK standard BMS & controls specifications
* Supporting work-wining and the development of our Building Diagnostics service offer, delivering key client outcomes through optimisation of existing building systems.
* Contributing to the development of design tools & processes.
* Mentoring and supporting junior staff in the team.
More about you...
As an experienced BMS professional, we would expect you to demonstrate the following...
* Experience working in the BMS and controls industry.
* Competent in specifying the control logic necessary to achieve outcomes of comfort, energy performance, and effective FM operations.
* Familiarity with the wider BMS and controls market, and trends in technology adoption.
* Able to effectively understand and communicate the architecture of a building management system and integration of system in consultation, and in written documentation including specification and CAD methods.
* Experienced in the commissioning processes and outcomes of a controls system to witness and validate outcomes.
* Excellent computer and IT skills, including; office suite ideally including power BI and some programming knowledge.
* Self-motivated to identify tasks and more effective/efficient ways of delivering value to our clients.
Why Buro Happold?
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please get in contact with Thomas White in the Buro Happold recruitment team - email@example.com
Museum of the Future, Dubai
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.