12 months ago
Title : Biological Waste Treatment Principal Consultant
Requisition ID :2018-24975
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Biological Waste Treatment Principal Consultant in our Knutsford office. The successful candidate will have excellent technical understanding of how both aerobic and anaerobic biological processes work, which will include but not be limited to anaerobic digestion, composting, mechanical and biological treatment and biorefining. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of how these systems are designed, maintained and operated, relevant technical regulations and relevant waste management regulations. They will be able to develop design, process flow and mass balance models for varying biological waste treatment systems.
The role is based in Knutsford but would consider candidates based in other locations in the UK.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
The successful candidate will be required support both new and existing projects with respect to the following activities:
* Technical due diligence
* Process design and review of biological treatment facilities
* Understand the interface and scope between process, mechanical and electrical aspects of facilities
* Undertake technical reviews of reports, data and information to develop robust conclusions and recommendations
* Develop and review process models and mass balances for biological treatment technology
* Undertake site and technology audits and produce concise reports
* Undertake reviews of legislation and regulation on behalf of clients
* Liaise with existing clients and develop relationships with new clients
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
* Familiarity with MS packages including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
* Prior consultancy experience in this field
* Related degree (engineering or environmental)
* Member of CIWM
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.