7 months ago
Job Title: BIM Technician
Reports to: BIM Manager/Senior Technician
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann has an immediate need for a BIM Technician to join their busy Highways Team and support the implementation of BIM practices and procedures as well as support the delivery of work. This exciting role will involve working for a range of Highways and Infrastructure clients on a diverse base of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the BIM Leader you would be expected to undertake the following roles:
· Work as part of a BIM/CAD support team to achieve consistent results
· Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow processes
· Deliver technically correct outputs using CAD/BIM.
· Prepare detailed working CAD drawings, as required by the Project Manager, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
· Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project work-flow criteria
· Utilize computer aided design systems, as required.
· Have a good understanding of all relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
· Have an understanding of Health and Safety requirements in own discipline design.
· Programme individual work input to achieve project programmes.
· Liaise with project teams to ensure continuity of workload.
· Other duties as agreed with Team Leader/CAD Manager.
· Be able to work to specific client drawing standards.
· Manage own time in order to deliver to programme.
· Good communication skills, written and verbal.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to take on responsibility.
· Other duties as required by the BIM Leader.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;
* A BTEC/HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering subject.
* Ideally with EngTech professional qualification or similar
* HND in Civil/Structural Engineering or relevant experience
* Working towards I Eng.
* Membership of a professional Institution
* Highways and Transportation sector experience
* 5 years + experience in design and drafting (2D & 3D)
* Experience of preparing engineering sketches and plans from conception through to construction.
* Robust IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office and relevant CAD software.
* Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes
• Ability to develop BIM Standards
• Ability to quality control and audit others work
• Help resolve BIM related design issues
• Day-to-day trouble shooting
•Acting as BIM coordinator in multi-discipline environments
• Produce MDM for clash resolution
* Ability to work within a team and with internal and external stakeholders
* Attention to detail in producing high quality output;
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and personal resilience to working to strict timelines/different styles of leadership;
* Experience of AutoCAD, ProjectWise and MS Office Suite.
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed
• Willingness to cooperate and share knowledge and experiences
• Good knowledge in several of the following software Modeling tools:
o AutoCAD o Civil 3D o Revit o Navisworks o MicroStation o MX o Other
• Experience in setting up of BIM projects • Good knowledge in 3D modeling tools applicable to chosen discipline
• Understanding of existing BIM software formats as well as possibilities and limitations (dwg, dgn, rvt, xml, ifc etc.)