3 months ago
Requisition ID: 217948
The BIM Technician will support the functional BIM Operations Manager and the deployed Project Information Managers in the delivery of BIM related tasks and activities, including but not limited to 3D and 4D model development / management and visualization, in accordance with Bechtel standards, Project functional needs, and client information requirements.
A Supervision Received
* Receives direction from the BIM Operations Manager
* Receives functional direction from the Infrastructure Innovation Group
B. Supervision Exercised
* Works closely with the BIM Operations Manager and Project Information Manager to:
* Identify, track and manage on-project and off-project support requirements
* Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the BIM Strategy and BIM Execution Plan.
* Works closely with the functional teams to understand the information requirements to support the development of accurate and high-quality 3D/4D/5D models
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Undertakes 3D modelling and visualization activities as directed
* Provide support with formal and informal model reviews
* Provide support to project teams with spatial coordination, clash detection and model data validation
* Provide support for routine quality control and validation of model data at key gates through the CDE delivery cycle
* Champions the use of the CDE as the single source of truth for all Project data and the key tools for project execution including 3D/4D/5D deployment.
* Coordination with Project Controls and Construction on the development of 4D and 5D analysis and visualization
* Assist the project team with regular Assessments to review the implementation of the BEP and level of BIM maturity achieved on the Project, and to seek opportunities for improvement.
* Ensures the project meets the client information requirements, Bechtel information requirements, and industry wide standards (i.e. PAS 1192 and ISO 19650)
* Champions innovation by encouraging a culture for ideas and improvement opportunities to be raised, considered and implemented
* Liaises with GBU and Corporate Innovation teams on the development and deployment of new initiatives and technologies.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Thorough knowledge of BIM methodologies and CAD/BIM authoring software packages
* Knowledge of 4D and 5D-based scheduling and cost planning / visualization tools
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to explain new work processes and technologies to all levels of the organization
* Self-motivated individual with the ability to influence without authority
* Ability to manage priorities and take on additional evolving responsibilities
* Willingness to take an active role in industry BIM organizations and user groups
* 3+ years’ experience in the engineering and construction industry and/or prior extensive work experience in related fields leading to a thorough understanding of the role requirements as listed.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.