6 months ago
BIM Manager (MEP) / Senior CAD Technician (M&E Building Services)
Job Reference - IB042
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more .We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a BIM Manager / Senior CAD Technician to join our M&E Building Services team in Birmingham. You will act as a BIM / Digital lead for the department, providing leadership and development of BIM capability and specifically support and lead expertise in the Mechanical & Electrical Building Services team. You will have relevant experience with BIM to enable you to assist with implementation of BIM processes in the immediate team and regional office, recommending best practice solutions for BIM process application to project deliverables.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Implement BIM Level 2 standards across the department
* Input and feedback on any proposed post-contract BIM Execution Plans with regard to deliverables and model coordination
* Creation of MEP models in accordance with client and/or company requirements
* Creation of MEP documentation (drawings, schedules and reports) from models.
* Design coordination using A, S & MEP models
* Clash detection using Navisworks
* Occasional use of AutoCAD to produce 2D drawings
* Check own work prior to issue to engineers
* Carry out measured surveys as necessary
* Establish and maintain quality systems and procedures
* Manage the protection of all drawings, including the safekeeping of back-ups
* Responsible for drawing issues and maintaining drawing control registers
* Liaise with external CAD resource as required
* Previous experience in mechanical & electrical building services design
* Experience of BIM processes and best practice
* Experience of BIM Level 2 implementation
* Design co-ordination experience
* Contractor experience preferred
* CAD skills – use of AutoCad, Revit MEP and Navisworks
* Good experience and knowledge of latest CAD and REVIT software and hardware requirements and developments
* IT skills - use of Access, Word, Excel and Outlook packages
* Ability to work as member of team
* Architecture and building knowledge
* Ability to co-ordinate with other disciplines
* Clash detection experience
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer