about 1 month ago
Job number: UK11066
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Project Systems/BIM
Region/State: North West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Manager to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Cheadle.
We are looking for a BIM Manager to work across numerous high profile projects within the south and midlands, based out of our hub offices within Cheadle or Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to gain valuable experience working on prestigious high value projects. It is anticipated that this role will initially be focussed on 1 or 2 projects but develop into a regional BIM management role as our team expands.
What you'll be doing
As a BIM Manager, you will:
* Be responsible at construction stage for the range of activities involved in the project BIM life cycle;
* Be responsible at construction stage for the range of activities involved in the project Digital Construction life cycle;
* Set up appropriate lean visual metrics to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects;
* In addition to the above, be accountable to the Digital Construction Lead; Support the delivery of CSUK’s Sustainability activities.
Who we're looking for
* Be proficient BIM technician who is able to work to their own initiative, and is willing to learn about BIM and Digital construction on high value construction projects;
* Have experience of BIM and Digital Construction within the construction and engineering industry;
* Have experience in data attachment and an understand of the processes and deliverables required as part of the delivery process for COBie data drops;
* Have a good understanding of mobile IT and in particular how mobile IT can be utilised on a construction site;
* Have an understanding of Digital Construction software desirable, including BIM Field 360 or other site management tools.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We are committed to:
* Providing equal opportunities for all;
* Maintaining a supportive work environment free from discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying;
* Complying with all employment laws;
* Hiring the best-qualiﬁed people Promoting talent on the basis of merit.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
We treat everyone equally and embrace difference. We believe everyone should be employed and promoted solely on the basis of his or her personal merit and contribution. Equal opportunity in the workplace is about ensuring that everyone gets equal treatment and respect, and that the criteria for employment and promotion are the same for everybody. Its purpose is to ensure fairness, act against all forms of discrimination, and promote talent and merit.
What we mean:
We value difference, and believe diversity of people, skills and abilities is a strength that helps us to achieve our best. We also believe everyone should be recruited and promoted on the basis of their personal ability, contribution and potential. We are committed to ensuring that everywhere across our organisation we promote, support and maintain a culture of fairness, respect and equal opportunity for all.