about 1 year ago
Pell Frischmann‘s Exeter office has an immediate need for a BIM Lead to join their busy CAD Department and support the implementation BIM practices and procedures as well as support the delivery of work within the Water sector. This exciting role will involve working for a range of water sector clients on a diverse base of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the CAD Manager you would be expected to undertake the following roles:
* Responsible for BIM Standards development, implementation and enforcement.
* Create and maintain the BIM software templates files specific to Water sector to assure standards and consistent and maintained.
* Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow processes.
* Train and support others in BIM software and standards.
* Lead BIM review/coordination meetings.
* Prepare detailed working drawings, as required by the Project Manager, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
* Deliver technically correct outputs using CAD/BIM.
* Ensure that delivered models have the right structure and content (in collaboration with the design manager).
* Have a good understanding of all relevant Standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Water sector.
* Comply with Pell Frischmann’s IMS Procedures.
* Be able to work to specific client drawing standards.
* Have a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements. -Manage own time in order to deliver to programme.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Liaise with project teams to ensure continuity of workload and robust coordination.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to take on responsibility.
* Other duties as required by the CAD Manager.
* HND or higher in Civil Engineering or relevant experience
* Working towards IEng
* Membership of a relevant professional institute
* Waste and clean water sector experience
* 5 years+ experience in design and drawing (2D & 3D)
* High level of competency of BIM software through continued use and training
* Development and implementation of project BIM Execution Plans Preferred
* Ability to develop BIM Standards relevant to the waste and clean water sector
* Ability to quality control and audit the work of others
* Help resolve BIM related design issues
* Day-to-day trouble shooting
* Acting as BIM coordinator in multi-discipline environments
* Produce MDM for clash resolution Skills Essential
* Ability to conduct internal training and mentoring/training of staff
* Oversee the day-to day activities of BIM modelling to ensure standards are maintained
* Creation and maintenance of BIM software templates
* Experience in setting up of BIM projects
* Good knowledge in 3D modelling tools applicable to chosen discipline
* Understanding of existing BIM software formats as well as possibilities and limitations (dwg, dgn, rvt, xml, ifc etc)
* Handling information flows between different software in a project, i.e. communication between software
* Create and manage discipline specific contents, families etc.
* Willingness to cooperate and share knowledge and experiences
* Good knowledge in several of the following software Modelling tools:
o Civils 3D
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org