5 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions (E&IS) is currently recruiting for an Information Management Technician. Someone with an early developing ability in BS1192 Information Management and or BIM Modelling or advanced CAD Management. The candidate will have an engaging flare wishing to advance this within a cutting edge team of experts. They will be working from either our London Canary Wharf, Leamington Spa or Newcastle Gosforth office.
Reporting to the Lifecycle Information Management Director the successful candidate will help initiate our Digital BIM Template on selected projects and support the team’s expert leaders to develop and enhance our BIM ability within the business including client solutions. Throughout they will be supported and developed and engaged.
The ideal candidate will have some early experience or an appreciation of BS1192 Information Management and good knowledge of BIM Modelling. We are keen on those with Engineering or Data backgrounds but will consider others if beneficial. They will have worked or have good experience on Project Wise or similar data systems. A good experience in Excel and Power Point needed.
This calls an appreciation of BIM Execution Plan, Common Data Environment, Coordinated and Collaborative CAD production and possibly CAD review software such as Navisworks or similar. We seek people who are inquisitive, are team driven, modest and can enthuse, excited by modernisation and show a flare of creativity. The Lifecycle IM Team seek an individual with a foundation which they can support and help maximise to the highest degree. An applicable qualification and references will be called upon. Graduates also considered and will be reviewed dependent upon expertise offered.
The ideal candidate will be happy to travel and may need to work at clients locations for small space of time.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Support the set-up and mobilisation of BS1192 Information Management on projects
* Support the use , development and value of the Digital Delivery template
* Support the set-up, development and possible delivery of 3D, 2D CAD modelling
* Develop skills in data, planning and value measurement
* Develop skills to support and coordinate amongst project teams to deliver BIM
* Support various Information and or Digital Engineering solutions supporting the L-IM team
* Embedding BS1192 best practice through the implementation of Project Wise CDE and a BEP
Skills / Qualifications
* ISO1192, PAS1192, 2,3 appreciation
* Can communicate BIM Level Maturity
* Able to demonstrate teaching, communication, collaboration skills
* Engineering experience – Infrastructure, Environment, Civils, Geotechnical
* Worked on an EIR, BEP, MIDP
* Appreciate quality control and BS1192 compliance
* PAS1192 CDE processes, procedures, application
* Project Wise ability desirable or other similar system
* CAD and or GIS skills
* Engineering, Business Management, HNC, HND, Degree, BTECH or similar
* Appropriate BIM, CAD, Data, Project Management qualifications or certificates
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.