about 1 month ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Mace is seeking to appoint an experienced BIM engineer to support lead appointed party to plan, direct, manage and oversee implementation of ISO 19650 information management using building information modelling (BIM).
The BIM engineer is required to work in Plymouth on a large scale infrastructure project. The role will be to direct the information management (IM) teams, provide internal and external coordination, communication, training and the development and production of deliverables and services.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Acting as primary liaison with the IM function reporting to engineering services.
* Directing the IM function within the lead appointed party.
* Creating and managing the BIM teams as required supporting schedule of deliverables and services established with engineering services as part of the secondment/service.
* Providing input into the implementation strategy of ‘exchange information requirements’.
* Overseeing the production of deliverables such as project information requirements (PIR) and development of the project information model (PIM).
* Assisting in transitional arrangements from BS1192 workflows.
* Coordinating engagement with the on-going development of asset information requirements (AIR) and organisational information requirements (OIR).
* Supporting and managing organisational change e.g. to a potential delivery partner role.
* Providing leadership for risk assessment for delivery of project information and support risk register mitigations.
* Implementing security-related and safety-related IM.
You have a degree qualification in a relevant and a member of a professional body. You have SQEP qualification and a BIM practitioner. You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and will provide support to a strong, motivated team. You will have a construction or consultancy background within a nuclear and defence sector and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”