4 months ago
Aug 9, 2019
Redhill, SURREY, GB, RH1 1SH
Stepps, BORDER, GB, G33 6FB
Bradford, WYORKS, GB, BD4 6SG
Leeds, WYORKS, GB, LS1 5PS
Chester, CHES, GB, CH1 3AE
Glasgow, GLC, GB, G1 2DT
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 3022
Job Title : BIM Coordinator
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKREDHILL, UKBRADFRD1, UKCHESTER, UKGLASGOW1, UKLEEDS, UKSTEPPS
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
ENT: Engineering Technician
Transforming B&V and our clients into leading data and information driven organisations, putting knowledge creation and collaboration at the heart of asset delivery and management, require specific and demanding skills. This is a technical and management support role that includes establishing and supporting a BIM capability within both BVL internal project teams and to external client organisations. As well as providing strategic advice and direction, this person will be accountable for transitioning project and client teams into fully functional BIM compliant entities. The aim is to facilitate and embed a “business-as-usual” collaborative BIM stage 2 approach that combines the people, technology, and innovative design processes required to share and leverage data and information at each stage of a project, improving project quality and efficiency, reducing risk, and providing the best possible client and team experience.
It is a hands-on pragmatic role that will involve the training of staff and the provision of practical support to project teams in the use and application of a common data environment (CDE), 3D modelling software and other advanced engineering technologies. This is an excellent high-profile career development opportunity for the successful candidate to become expert in the latest BIM processes, procedures, standards and technologies.
* Operation, supervision and training of common data environments (CDE) fully compliant to ISO 19650 standards
* Increasing the use of 3D modelling through the development of defined processes & procedures as well as training
* introducing intelligent P&IDs so that engineering attribute data is captured during the design and build process and made readily available to the client for use in asset operational & maintenance activities
* overseeing and encouraging the use of advanced visualisation capabilities including the use of 360o images, laser scanning and virtual reality (VR) software
* revising project/company processes and QA procedures and ensuring adherence and compliance to the relevant BIM standards
* production of comprehensive BIM training and education material and delivering training
* Expert knowledge of BIM stage 2 process, procedures, standards and facilitating technologies.
* 3D modelling skills, qualifications and experience
* People management skills.
* Coaching, training and development skills
* Demonstrate a high level of interest in business process improvement, implementation and methodologies
* Exemplary team motivation skills
* Team player with effective communication skills.
* BVL BIM implementation & deployment team
* Project Teams
* Client Teams
* Full Time role
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Willingness to travel
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
* Sound engineering background (relevant degree or qualification)
* Hands on experience in the use of BIM implementation tools and systems
* Understanding & awareness of the “8 pillars” of BIM Level 2 as defined by the UK Government’s BIM Task Group
* Experience of working on BIM projects
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
* Experience in teaching/coaching/training
* Evidence of some form of formal BIM training/education
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.