10 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our construction business where you can deliver some of the most recognised and celebrated projects, from fixed price contracting to construction management and everything in between.
BIM and Digital Engineering Lead - Public Sector
This role is to drive the implementation and adoption of BIM and digital engineering throughout the sector.
As well as managing the exciting team you will coordinate the support required by the design and construction leads for the coordination and management of the task teams digital information models. You will also undertake coordination and clash detection of digital information models issued by task teams and communicate issues arising. You will be adept at writing and reviewing sector and project BIM and digital engineering strategies, while also making sure they are implemented on site.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Managing the BIM and digital engineering for the Public sector.
* Managing and supervising the BIM and digital engineering staff within the sector.
* Working with sector BIM staff and projects team to meet the UK government 2016 BIM mandate and company BIM Ali360 Policy in driving and coordinating further adoption and delivery.
* Assisting with the appointment of design teams on BIM enabled projects.
* Writing and reviewing BIM (digital) strategies and BIM execution plans (for bids and live projects), with peer review with function lead (construction or consultancy BIM and digital engineering lead).
* Assisting with procurement of subcontractors on BIM enabled projects.
* Submitting the monthly KPI on sector’s projects and staff to function lead (construction or consultancy BIM and digital engineering lead) - monthly BIM maturity and KPI’s.
* Supporting BIM staff or act as the project information manager with implementation of project standards, methods and procedures in accordance with PAS1192-2:2013 (ISO 19560 part 1 and 2: 2018) as set out in the project bim execution plan.
* Monitoring and arranging BIM training for sectors staff.
* Attending and contributing to BIM and digital engineering working groups.
* Ensuring all correct BIM documentation on sector’s projects are in line with Mace way.
* Writing and reviewing Mace way of BIM documentation for sector’s projects.
* Supporting sector projects with implementing 3D coordination and federation, visualisation, 4D animations, 5D quantity take-off and costs, AIM and BIM field tools.
* Creating and monitoring sector’s projects on digital platforms such as BIM360 Field and etc.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Relevant experience appropriate to the project type and size.
* Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, particularly demonstrating the ability to influence and negotiate successfully, both internally and externally.
* Possessing considerable gravitas that will appeal to clients and gain the respect of the Mace senior management team.
* Contributing fresh ideas on strategy for innovative project delivery that will challenge normal, traditional practice
* Ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders, building trusting and respectful relationships to ensure high quality service delivery.
* Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of different audiences.
* Highly accurate with good attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively manage resources and tasks to meet key deadlines.
* Ability to analyse problems and propose effective solutions.
* Leads by example and acts in an ethical, legal and responsible way. Setting high standards of behaviour for themselves and others.
* Taking ownership to identify, solve and overcome challenges.
* Adaptability and reacts well to changing priorities and requirements, but also keeps their team informed of any changes to initiatives and plans.
* With focus on client satisfaction and delivers service excellence for external and internal clients.
* Identifying opportunities that improve Mace’s service offer as a responsible business.
* Ability to presents clearly and communicates effectively, in a confident manner, with their audience in mind.
* Ability to treats all people with respect, in a fair and consistent manner, and is receptive to feedback.
* Ability to understand the team’s performance metrics and rewards high performance in a fair and consistent way.
* Ability to creating an environment where employees are safe to experiment with their ideas.
* Identifying and developing new business opportunities from a diverse set of challenges.
* A degree, diploma or certificate in a relevant subject.
* A professional qualification in a relevant subject.
* Competent PAS 1192-2: 2013 and ISO 950 Part 1 and 2, trained and understands the output which are required as per BIM Mace Policy and UK Government mandate.
* A recognised BIM qualification.
* With BIM professional certification.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”