5 months ago
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Big Data, Analytics, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Working with our growing analytics team of like-minded specialist you will own and lead the team responsible for optimizing and expanding our cutting edge cloud analytics. Collecting from various feeds, using your experience in building new Kafka pipelines and Java software to transform, enrich and secure data streams into Elasticsearch to aggregate and calculate metrics.
Who You'll Work With
Our Cloud Calling team includes Architects, Developers, DevOps, UX designers, and more. You will lead the Calling Metrics team of software engineers and data analysts championing the design, tools, and processes within a fun, agile culture.
Who You Are
This is a Management position in the Cloud Calling Data Engineering department. You love being around people, enabling you to guide through conversations to collect the information you need. Naturally, you are a leader with vision, flexible, conscientious capable of learning new products and technologies with the following technical skills:
* Established management skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
* 5+ Years Java proficiency
* 2+ Years experience with Data Pipeline
* Excellent understanding of JSON, Java and Jackson Core
* Experienced with Kafka - Producer, Consumer, and Streams API
* Experienced in Elasticsearch including aggregation and bulk API
* Drives purpose and governance to maintain data integrity within all aspect of reporting.
* Problem solver with the ability to make sound complex decisions whilst understanding of trade-offs.
* Proven ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
* Be a champion of the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.