3 months ago
We are looking for a Bid Writer to support the business to submit customer-centric PQQs, tenders and related documents that achieve high quality scores by enabling bid teams to respond to the customers’ needs by clearly answering the questions and communicating benefits.
Based in Maple Cross you will facilitate response development through storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops, and provide researching, writing and editing support. Actively share best practice and lessons learned to drive excellence across Skanska’s operating units.
* Enable bid teams to deliver high-quality draft responses through professional writing and editing support
* Analyse and understand PQQs and tenders quality scoring criteria and client requirements as well as the preferences of the target audience
* Facilitate win themes, storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops. Write question analysis and response plans
* Work closely with subject matter experts and bid authors to develop and refine drafts into customer-focussed responses that are clear, well-structured, highly-polished, focus on benefits and capture the reader, while ensuring consistency with house style and alignment with customer terminology
* Work with graphic designers to produce appropriate graphics that enhance the response
* Contribute to review meetings and consider review comments from review team to enhance PQQs and quality bid content
We’re looking for:
* Minimum GCSE English Language Grade C or equivalent (desirable)
* Degree-level education (desirable)
* Prior experience from a bidding environment
* Excellent written English, with attention to detail
* Proven abilities in a professional writing capacity, delivering high-quality narrative to tight deadlines
* Analytical skills: conceptual understanding, ability to articulate bid strategies, identify related win themes, organise and structure information etc
* Microsoft Word proficiency (InDesign skills an advantage)
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
* Location: Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* Drugs & Alcohol Policy: Drugs and Alcohol Policy
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.