about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2018-33147
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Bids & Proposals
Additional Work Location : GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa | GB-Berkshire-Reading | GB-Avon-Bristol
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Bid Writer at Senior Consultant level to join our specialist bid team. We are looking for someone to provide editorial and process support to teams of engineers, project managers and other specialists working in a diverse range of disciplines.
The successful candidate may be based in one of our Bristol, Leamington Spa or Reading offices but will have to travel to other UK offices as required, to support bids.
You will be responsible for:
* Drafting bids by working with subject matter experts’ output and repurposing it to meet the needs of the bid, as dictated by the prospective client
* Ensuring all bids are compliant, credible and compelling
* Making the, occasionally, very technical content become readable and persuasive
* Taking on growing responsibility for guidance of the bid process.
You will also provide support to colleagues on the use of corporate language and be the arbiter on other writing or editorial issues, as required.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
* Demonstrable experience of several successful, comparable roles
* Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
* Able to write reports in English
* Bid team experience
* Ability to pinpoint and express prospective clients’ needs
* Editorial expertise, with a keen eye for proofreading
* Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
* Multi-tasking – several bids will be ongoing at any one time
* Advanced user of Microsoft Word
We will consider people with an editorial background or have written extensively within an industrial context, perhaps as a technical author or press officer, and are now ready to work in business development. You must be able to demonstrate ability to write for various readerships and create persuasive prose that will clearly express Wood’s business proposition.
* Familiarity with government procurement processes and PQQs, RFIs and ITTs
* Knowledge of engineering, construction or environmental consulting industries
* Experienced user of on-line bid management and submission portals
* Ability in using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; advanced skills in SharePoint and Excel
* A degree or diploma in English or Journalism, or a similar editorial discipline
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.