7 months ago
Purpose of Role
Produce professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates Murphy’s value proposition. This is a networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines. The Bid Writer will lead storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, management of contributory authors, and document production.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Compilation of PQQ Documents.
* Compilation of Tender Deliverables.
* Skilled in producing and editing proposal content within a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
* Write technical responses covering all aspects of Civil Engineering
* As jobs come in segregate them and assign the different sections to the relevant discipline (e.g. H&S, Quality etc.)
* Manage portal uploads in Bid Manager’s absence
* Completion of capability statements/expression of interest documents.
* Where possible visit site before compilation of documents to get a better picture of the work for risk registers etc.
* Review, track and respond to OJEU Notices.
* Compilation of presentations.
* Answer technical questions. These will relate to civils, rail, sea and coastal defence, nuclear and pipeline bids.
* Sit in tender review meetings and action as appropriate.
* Compilation of Supplier Questionnaire Documents
* Weekly updates of CRM (internet based filing system) for Pre- Qualifications, Tenders and Leads.
* Liaise with all Estimators any action any deliverables required
* Proof read all documents for fluidity and correct use of English. Ensure all questions are answered pertinently.
* Each month analyse projects coming to a close. Send template project profiles to the project managers and email the Project Manager to get the Client to complete a satisfaction survey. Set up a drive for these surveys on internal drives.
* Understand the key objectives of the client and the aims of the client organisation
* Understand the core of the project and the delivery process (by speaking to the resources involved in the delivery plan).
* Act as an honest broker bringing the bid and the client together for a successful award.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
* Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledgebase system is essential.
* Full knowledge of the bid lifecycle from tracking of OJEU notices to PQQ, Tender and Post Tender Interviews
* InDesign and Illustrator software proficient
* Bid Coordination experience
* Working knowledge of construction and civil engineering, ideally with some experience of writing bid proposcals for residential projects