7 months ago
Location: Whiteley, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project. One that will ensure UK military air traffic is managed by a modern, cost-effective and world-class system.
Purpose of Role
The Bid Coordinator will support the Change Bid Manager in the production of bids or proposals in response to Contract Change requests or external opportunities.
The Bid Coordinator will:
* Assist in the preparation of Bid response and proposal documentation (bids of value up to £5m each);
* Plan resources and maintain records of resource utilisation;
* Lead small, ad-hoc teams to achieve output of bids and proposals on time;
* Prepare governance and approvals documentation;
* Administer suite of management information for Marshall Change and external proposals;
* Routine reporting;
* Develop and report against performance metrics;
* Engage collaboratively with other Aquila departments e.g. commercial, engineering and finance;
* Support customer engagement.
Qualifications, Experience Skills & Personal Qualities
* Appropriate qualifications to A-level or equivalent.
* GCSE English A or B.
* 2 years engineering, project or bid management experience in a related industry.
* Interested in developing a career in Bid Management and Business Development.
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
* Proficient in use of MS Office, Powerpoint, Word, Project and Excel.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!