10 months ago
To be the central resource in a Bid who controls the bid management process (management of plans, risks and issues) on behalf of the Bid Manager.
What makes this role unique?
You will provide day-to-day administrative support for Bid activities with a specialism in one or more of the following: change control, quality management, risk and issue management, project knowledge and reporting.
What will this role involve?
* Gathering and evaluating information to provide complete and accurate presentations or reports
* Provide effective management services to the Bid, ensuring that decisions are recorded, risks and issues documented and plans are maintained
* Understanding and managing the Approvals process
* Understanding bid requirements, translating and presenting them in a structured format and articulating them to team members
* Understanding and updating the bid budget
* Ensuring knowledge management is promoted in the team and knowledge tools are updated, reviewed and utilised efficiently and effectively
* Translate complex information including bid requirements and produce detailed summaries, including highlight reports
* Understanding and implementing the bid programme, monitoring progress and identifying any deviation
* Identify what is to be assured and establish a quality approach for the Programme using accepted methodology. This will include applying quality management techniques with capacity for on-going evaluation and amendment if required
What are we looking for?
Encouraging Innovation and Managing Change
* The Bid Coordinator will challenge existing processes, introducing new approaches to make bids more manageable and support better delivery, responding positively to change and able to work flexibly across a range of bid activities, progressing work in conjunction with the Bid Manager. The Bid Coordinator will also control and implement a process of change when needed and to document and track emerging issues.
* The Bid Coordinator will work and consult with internal/external contacts at a range of levels in a constructive and helpful way, offering advice, as appropriate to achieve Bid milestones. This will involve developing relationships with key stakeholders to establish trust, credibility and respect.
Achieving and Improving
* The Bid Coordinator will use Bid management tools and techniques such as Bid Cost Tracker and the Bid Pipeline to schedule, plan, track and correct bid programme performance, including assessing internal and external Bid risks, developing contingency/mitigation plans and where appropriate, challenging accepted practices which may inhibit the quality and timeliness of Bid Deliverables.
* The Bid Coordinator will be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Producing and coordinating clear highlight/status reports that convey an understanding of the key issues surrounding the Bid progress, using a variety of communications methods to provide information in a way that is accessible and easily understood.
Leading and Managing Others
* The bid coordinator be able to motivate other Bid team Office members, set achievable objectives and take responsibility for providing constructive feedback.
* Working knowledge and previous experience of PURSUIT and bidding methodology
* Visible felt leadership
* IOSH – safety for senior executives
* Environmental awareness Tool Box talk