5 months ago
Ballast Marine Control Operator
Requisition ID :2019-60589
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Production
Trade & Craft
Overview / Responsibilities
* Responsible to the Marine Supervisor for front line maintenance where qualified or assists with maintenance work on marine systems
* Maintain and monitor installations stresses, trim and stability.
* Gas freeing tanks for entry
* Ensure that the wheelhouse appropriately manned.
* Ensure installations position is maintained and monitor mooring line stresses and operating windlasses as required.
* Ensures accurate and legible data is recorded on movements of vessels, aircraft, personnel and materials
* Responsible to the marine supervisor for the isolation and preparation of equipment for maintenance
* Liaises, as required with all departments involved in the operation of the installation to minimise disruption to installations activities whilst ensuring safe sea/traffic movements.
* Will operate, test and be responsible marine communications
* Informs, monitors and controls field activities of ERRV and any other in field vessels.
* To maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with all statutory requirements.
* Maintain complete and accurate records within the Maintenance Management System
* Adhere to all legislative, environmental and company standards and procedures
* Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency and cut cost or time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management.
* Support team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices
* Adopt flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success
* Create, maintain & enhance effective working relations and identify and minimise interpersonal conflict
* Maintain effective communication with Supervisors and other work groups
* Develop and expand to a multi-skilled role within production operations.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the offshore organisation & onshore based support team
* Ensure a safe and comprehensive handover is given at shift or crew change with all pertinent operational and maintenance information to relevant personnel.
* Provide constructive input to meetings, planning, initiatives etc.
* To report any defect or inspection report to Marine Supervisor in a clear and concise manner and record all relevant information in logs as required.
Health & Safety
* Ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with the Safety Management System, including vessel safety regulations and positively support all safety initiatives and improvements
* Proactively contribute to delivery against HSE plans and improvement objectives.
* Be aware of physical condition of plant & equipment to ensure technical integrity is maintained; raise issues and concerns identified.
Emergency Response Tasks:
* Carry out emergency response duties as identified in the station bill/emergency response procedure or as directed by OIM. Personnel are required to undertake the training to equip them for these roles.
* Monitor and respond effectively to situation changes as directed.
Skills / Qualifications
STCW OOW and or Ballast stability level 3
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.