about 1 year ago
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 days' holiday + day off on birthday
Tell me about OVO…
OVO is the UK’s leading independent energy technology company and supplier - we serve nearly one million customers with intelligent energy services. Today OVO is no longer simply an energy retail business: it is a group of innovative, dynamic companies, all striving to harness technological advances with great customer propositions to create more abundant clean energy for everyone.
We’d like to hear from you if you have either:
* Commercial experience with functional programming
* AND/OR come from a polyglot background and have a demonstrated desire to learn functional programming - things like projects on your github are great or tell us about some of the conferences you’ve attended; the books you’ve read or the online courses you’ve completed
Here are some of the tools you will learn to get the job done:
* Akka HTTP, http4s, Play, Akka Streams, Alpakka, fs2, Monix, Spark
* Cats, Scalaz, Circe, Avro, Slick, doobie, PureConfig
* Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
* InfluxDB, Chronograf, Grafana, Kamon
* AWS, GCP, Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes
* CircleCI, GoCD
Why work at OVO?
We work in highly agile environments with continuous releases; our Engineers are responsible for not only development but also for testing (unit and integration), automating tests and managing infrastructure & environments.
We give our cross-functional team the freedom and trust to find and experiment with the best tools for the job, so that problems aren’t just solved but solved in the most optimal way.
Our Engineers are building and scaling distributed systems. Our microservice platform is written in Scala and is connected with event streams using Kafka.
Our impressive BE community will be there to support you so you can make your ideas heard:
* We have “Backend Communities of Practice” in place.
* Open Source Friday, each quarter we spend time working on different OS projects - projects suggested by you. We also run a tech blog.
* Tech Time and Tech Friday’s: ‘lightning’ talks on interesting tech topics.
* We promote collaboration and knowledge transferring via Slack channels and internal meet-ups. When we share learning from our mistakes it gives us much more time to work on the cool stuff.
* We attend a number of tech conferences (and sponsor a bunch of them too).
Want to check out more?
Working in Tech at OVO Energy