10 months ago
Requisition ID: 221386
The London City Airport Project will see Bechtel partnering to manage delivery of the City Airport Development Programme (CADP). The CADP includes: expanding the existing terminal by and completely reconfiguring its internals and externals; constructing a three-storey passenger pier; creating eight new aircraft stands; and constructing a new parallel aircraft taxiway. The expansion work will require working within the King George V Dock. The upgrade will improve air traffic movements from 38 to 45 movements per hour and enable increased annual passenger movements from 4.5 to 6.5 million passengers by 2025. Additionally, the programme will help future-proof the airport to accommodate the next generation of aircraft that are quieter, have longer range and greater fuel efficiency.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, construction and project companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, we team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
The Aviation Commissioning and Operations Manager is responsible for developing and executing the Testing, commissioning and handover program for the CAPD project. This includes the interface and support of the ORAT requirements.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Direct interface with LCY ORAT team to plan the project delivery to dovetail with the Operational Trials. Candidate must have experience in Airport Operational Trials, and the planning to support them.
* Develop a Systems Completion and Handover process, ensuring streamlined movement of assets and information through from contractors, through testing phases, to the end user.
* Directs and monitors assigned commissioning and/or facility operations efforts.
* Directs the formulation of and recommends policies, procedures, plans and programs for the commissioning and facility operations department, commensurate with overall organization objectives.
* Directs the formulation and recommends an annual overhead budget and conducts operations within approved budget limits.
* Reviews and approves internal organization and commissioning staff assignments.
* Directs and conducts project assessments and reviews to ensure procedural compliance and the project readiness to safely execute major events and milestones.
* Approves assignments of Startup Engineers to new projects after consultation with the client, the Project Manager, and sponsoring organization management.
* Keeps abreast of technological developments and trends in commissioning and operating services that could lead to new applications or new markets for the organization.
* Participates in project planning sessions at the proposal stage to provide technical guidance information.
* Reviews and approves man-hour estimates for all assigned commissioning and operating services activities.
* Participates, as required, in engineering and construction reviews, management reviews of proposals and client contract negotiations, including final pricing of proposals, providing counsel and information about the projects’ technical feasibility and the project commissioning workload.
* Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management or related field with 17 years of experience in electrical Or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree 24 years of relevant working experience.
* Experience for managing testing, commissioning and operational trials for one or more very large or complex aviation projects, or a major project on which there are unique problems in the schedule, finance, construction or design.
* Experience in managing commissioning and overseeing testing, commissioning and operations activities.
* Extensive technical knowledge of commissioning and plant operations methods and practices, calculations, applications of engineering methods, and general applications of computers to engineering problems.
* Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria in all the areas of startup.
* Extensive knowledge of administrative practices.
* Skill in negotiation for dealing with clients.
* The above is normally acquired through:
* A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, or A professional license in an engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board
* Extensive progressive work experience including supervisory experience at a management level preferably in commissioning and aviation operations, but maybe in allied phases of engineering including design, field construction.
A. Supervision Received
* Reports to the LCY CAPD Project Manager
B. Supervision Exercised
* Supervises commissioning and handover staff
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.