7 months ago
AutoTest DevOps Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you adept at implementing system changes? Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– support the users and L1 administrators of our busy JIRA instance
– propose and implement systems enhancements for our automated test environments,
– monitor usage and performance, and troubleshoot server, software, and hardware issues
– analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements
– within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components, and system software
– plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls)
– analyze outages and defective states, initiating and monitoring measures to remedy them
You’ll be working in the Cash Equities Performance Automation team in London. We create and support automated test tools for performance and functional testing of UBS Investment Bank's award winning algorithmic trading systems. We also build and support the test environment and are planning on building out a 'lab' environment for rapid testing of innovative ideas, as well as providing the JIRA service to our 1000 global users.
Your experience and skills
– a natural ability to solve complex issues
– experience in a role like this
– supported both packaged and custom solutions
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– analytical and logical (you live to solve problems)
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
– motivated, self-directed and driven
– fluent with JIRA administration, Linux command line, BASH scripting, SQL, and experience with Groovy and/or Python
– someone who enjoys learning new skills.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.