about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are looking to add a talented system architect to our Systems Group. As an Autonomous Vehicle Systems Architect at Arm you will participate in the development of systems software and hardware which meet the requirements of our automotive and adjacent market partners.
What will I be accountable for?
This challenging position, will offer you the opportunity to work on the latest technology in a collaborative environment to:
Participate in the definition of system architecture designs for autonomous vehicles, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), industrial robotics, and/or digital cockpit systems using Arm IP
* Investigate and identify solutions to autonomous vehicle perception using machine learning
* Define Arm IP component software and hardware requirements to meet the application needs
* Define the partition of functionality between hardware and software
* Create and own the architecture specifications that define system topology and interfaces and describe the programmer visible behavior
* Guide and align the development work taking place across multiple design teams. This includes steering the development of functional and performance models, reviewing the micro-architectural specifications and test plans, and supporting the development of software/firmware
* Define performance metrics and goals and work with the performance analysis team to refine the results, including expected latency and bandwidth targets, other Quality of Service (QoS) requirements and memory requirements
* Work with hardware and software engineering teams to refine power expectations under various workloads
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
* Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
* Proven track record, with at least 5 years of industry experience in identifying and translating automotive requirements into system software and/or hardware solutions. Less but specific experience in defining and developing automotive autonomous computation requirements will be considered.
* Deep knowledge of automotive system architecture requirements including functional safety, redundancy and appropriate use of virtualization.
* Understanding of real time and safe software systems development.
* Deep understanding of system component inter-dependencies including memory and IO systems, and of systems-level performance modeling and analysis.
* Understanding of and experience with machine learning inference, especially use of neural networks for computer vision.
* Understanding of general-purpose CPU microarchitecture, including knowledge of areas such as processor pipelines, caches, memory hierarchy, and multi-processor systems.
* Understanding of architecture and micro-architecture of specialized processors for image processing, machine learning, graphics, video, and display processing.
* Understanding of system architecture impact on physical design and vice-versa.
* Proven ability to generate consistent, complete, and concise written specifications.
* Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams both locally and across sites.
* Motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to Arm’s success.
* Some travel outside the US to Arm and customer sites may be required.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
* Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
* Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
* Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
* Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
* Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
* Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic.
* Seek and embrace differences.
* Encourage curiosity and challenge.
* Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps