9 months ago
Job IDDate posted 12/19/2019
Location Fleet, England
Additional Locations GBR - Yeovil, UK;GBR - Bristol, UK
Company BDUKL - United Kingdom
Autonmous Systems Product Data Management Specialist
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An experienced Configuration Management and Data Management Engineer is required to provide Configuration and Data Management support and guidance to BDUK Autonomous Systems programmes and campaigns. The role will be include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for the deployment of Boeing configuration processes and the execution of process controls.
• The upfront development, interpretation and understanding of Customer requirements.
• The planning and implementation of Configuration and Data Management.
• Support the deployment of a standardised configuration management process throughout the organisation
• Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
• Collaborate and assist with developing the standardisation of configuration tool sets (including security and access) to meet company requirements
• Interfaces with Boeing bid and programme teams to drive the company configuration management requirements into contract initiation and review
• Provide input to Supplier Statements of Work for Configuration and Data Management proposals
• Provide input to the company budgetary/ forecast cycle relating to configuration management activities
Programme CM Specific
• Provide and adhere to Configuration and Data Management requirements as documented within the programs contracted Configuration Management requirements.
• Liaise with customer and suppliers to agree joint working procedures and processes
• Has overall responsibility for configuration deliverables, driving the generation and delivery in accordance with Boeing procedures and contractual requirements, including configuration management plans
• Act as the Boeing point of contact for customer or regulatory external Configuration Management Audits
• Has overall responsibility for programme control boards, ensuring they are held and conducted consistently across all Autonomous programmes,
• Responsible for the delivery of required output of control boards and timely closure of actions.
• Provide Configuration Management support at design reviews and programme reviews.
Data Management Specific
• Tracks and reports data transmissions, monitoring adherence to company and regulatory data configuration and contractual requirements
• Tracking and processing of customer contracted data and supplier data deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to Export Compliance, Manufacturing License Agreement (MLA's), Security and Intellectual Property regulations and Boeing information protection processes
• Supports audits and reviews to ensure products meet requirements.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.