about 1 month ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
In NOW TV we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are NOW TV.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV Backend Software Development Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
The NOW TV Backend Software Development team which forms part of a wider collection of teams that develop the NOW TV platform and associated clients. You will work in a dedicated product stream as part of a self-organising and empowered team.
– Collaborate with developers to create unit, functional, integration and performance tests for large Java and Scala based applications.
– Work closely with business analysts to define acceptance criteria for each user story and translate these to cucumber tests.
– Create / maintain BDD testing frameworks developed using Java, Cucumber, Specs2 and Gradle
– Perform exhaustive testing of RESTful APIs, (JSON path, restassured) including security testing (OAuth, XSS etc) and exploratory testing
– Manage / maintain QA environments and implement continuous integration testing with Jenkins and you will work closely with developers to resolve issues, bugs and real time production issues. Defect Management
– Work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product.
– Demonstrate ownership and responsibility by making commitments to the team about what you will achieve and communicate honestly about what has been achieved. Make any obstacles visible.
– Work alongside 3rd party partners to identify risks and relevant testing required
– Work alongside client teams to help identify where 3rd party changes might potentially affect client behaviour
– Experience testing large enterprise systems with complex architecture and extensive experience of automated testing of RESTful APIs using Java and Cucumber
– Experience collaborating within a team to reach consensus about technical solutions.
– Skills to interact confidently with people from other disciplines and domains, Product Sponsors, Product Owners, stakeholders, customers and users.
– Consistent attention to detail and the ability to delegate work to client teams where appropriate
– Knowledge of API testing – RESTful web services, RestTemplate in Spring, Restassured, JSON Path, BDD testing frameworks
– High level programming skills – Java
– Experience in Unit testing – AssertJ, Hamcrest / JSON data parsing/processing and Knowledge/understanding of Gradle build tool
– Continuous integration build tool – Jenkins
– Performance testing – Jmeter, Gatling / Software deployment – AWS/Kubernetes / Log analysis using Logstash/Kibana or Splunk
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about