about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As an automation Tester, you will be closely working with the business analyst and the developers. You will be responsible to write and maintain tests on all test environments of the application pipeline. You will work in a dedicated scrum team as part of a self-organizing and empowered team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with developers to create unit, functional, integration and performance tests for large Java and Scala based applications.
- Work closely with business analysts to define acceptance criteria for each user story and translate these to cucumber tests.
- Create / maintain BDD testing frameworks developed using Java, Cucumber, Specs2 and Gradle
- Perform exhaustive testing of RESTful APIs, (JSON path, restassured) including security testing (OAuth, XSS etc) and exploratory testing
- Manage / maintain QA environments and implement continuous integration testing with Jenkins and you will work closely with developers to resolve issues, bugs and real time production issues. Defect Management
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility by making commitments to the team about what you will achieve and communicate honestly about what has been achieved. Make any obstacles visible.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience testing large enterprise systems with complex architecture and extensive experience of automated testing of RESTful APIs using Java and Cucumber
- Experience collaborating within a team to reach consensus about technical solutions.
- Knowledge of API testing – RESTful web services, RestTemplate in Spring, Restassured, JSON Path, BDD testing frameworks
- Experience in Unit testing – AssertJ, Hamcrest / JSON data parsing/processing and Knowledge/understanding of Gradle build tool
- Continuous integration build tool – Jenkins
- Performance testing – Jmeter, Gatling / Software deployment – AWS/Kubernetes / Log analysis using Logstash/Kibana or Splunk
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.