3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award-winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers” – Senior Scrum Master
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
You’ll join a software development team that uses cutting edge technology working on one of Sky’s most exciting and important projects. As an Automation Tester, you’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, enjoy working closely with other smart people and use agile development practices to ensure your projects succeed.
– Drive best technology and software testing practices with passion and enthusiasm.
– Identify and write acceptance criteria for each user story.
– Participate in estimation and planning sessions.
– Collaborate with developers to define testing of user stories as they are being developed; ensure that completed user stories satisfy all the acceptance criteria and there are no outstanding defects.
– Participate in regular showcases of new work to stakeholders.
– Strive for continuous improvement within the team.
– Champion effective test automation and good testing practices, writing and executing effective functional tests, creating test data and carrying out exploratory testing.
– Raise descriptive and useful bug reports.
– Experience and working knowledge of test automation and relevant tools.
– In-depth Python coding knowledge (not exclusively using Python with Selenium).
– Experience of exploratory testing and the ability to design and execute effective test cases.
– Proactive, diplomatic and clear communication skills.
– Experience of testing on devices.
– Knowledge of defect and sprint tracking tools.
– Experience of Linux desirable.
– Squish experience desirable.
– Knowledge of defect and sprint tracking tool.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about