5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Software Development Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
You will join a Software Development Team that uses cutting edge technology working on one of Sky’s most exciting and important projects.
We ask for the very best from our test teams, so we’ll make sure that you get the training and experience you need to have an enjoyable and fulfilling career at Sky.
– Drive best technology and software testing practices with passion and enthusiasm
– Identify and write acceptance criteria for each user story
– Participate in estimation and planning sessions
– Collaborate with developers to define testing of user stories as they are being developed; ensure that completed user stories satisfy all the acceptance criteria and there are no outstanding defects
– Participate in regular showcases of new work to the stakeholders
– Strive for continuous improvement within the team
– Championing effective test automation and good testing practices, writing and executing effective functional tests, creating test data, carrying out exploratory testing
– Actively supporting agile delivery methods and best practices
– Raise descriptive and useful bug reports
– Experience and working knowledge of test automation and relevant tools
– Coding knowledge, preferably in Python
– Experience of exploratory testing and ability to design and execute effective test cases
– Experience as a Proactive, diplomatic and clear communicator
– Experience of testing on devices would be a plus
– A track record of getting the job done and an enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
– Knowledge of defect and sprint tracking tools
– Experience of Linux and Squish desirable
– Alternatively, similar automation tool such as Selenium desirable.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about